RE: tonneau bow?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tonneau bow?
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 07:29:26 -0400
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Well, I am finally to the point of reassembly of my '74 midget and I
came across a part that I am not familiar with.  There was a mount under
the engine that bolted to the bell housing/rear engine plate and
connected to the lower bolts at the trans mount.  It is kinda beat up
and since my '63 never had it I'm wondering if I should bother reusing
it, and none of the catalogs reference this part.  Anybody know what the
significance of the brace is and if I should use it or not?  TIA

Dan Walters
'63 Sprite
'74 Midget
'75 BMW 2002