Re: Re[2]: Seatbelts

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Seatbelts
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:05:33 -0500
>        i'm not sure what happens when you take a 3 year old kid for a
>        ride in a bugeye that doesn't have belts? could they ticket ya
>        for no child seat? ..???????????

Yes, they will. At least that is what a cop told me under purely theoretical
circumstances (I do not have a Bugeye). The laws requiring childseats (at
least here in Illinois) are completely separate from the seatbelt laws and
there is no grandfathering involved since no vehicles came with childseats
at the time of the law. If you want to take a kid in the Bugeye, you will
have to install a seatbelt to hold the childseat in order to be legal.
David Lieb