1.5:1 Rockers?

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1.5:1 Rockers?
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:39:49 -0400
OK, I did not get the head on this past weekend, other events overcame my
efforts...  Now I am thinking once more about taking the plunge for 1.5:1
rockers.  I'm looking in particular at the Keith Dodds setup (non-roller)
from MiniMania or the setup from APT (again non-roller).  Who here has taken
the plunge and installed a set of 1.5:1 rockers?  Any comment on the kinds
of changes that they made in terms of performance and drivability?  Do you
feel any loss of low end torque (not that there is a lot to begin with)?  Of
course I've read (and re-read multiple times) all the Vizard stuff, but
first hand experience is a good thing.

This setup would be on a street/autox car.  Its a 0.020"+ 1275, basically
stock short block with a VP7 cam, a Longman GT17 head (big, BIG intake) with
decent porting, ceramic coated head, ~10:1 compression with a HIF44 on a
coated Titan manifold.

Jackson Zimmermann
64 Sprite
jzimmerm@albemarle.org <mailto:jzimmerm@albemarle.org>