Re: Safety glasses and eyeballs NOW a bit longish

To: healeyrick@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Safety glasses and eyeballs NOW a bit longish
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:42:56 EDT
In a message dated 7/19/2004 6:23:22 PM Mountain Standard Time,
healeyrick@yahoo.com writes:
  Maybe they have figured out some easier way to do
> this it the last 25 years, but I've always taken
> precautions since then to try to avoid finding out.
>
> Rick
.

You reminded me of a few years ago when my wife was trying to open one of
those tiny bottles of super glue and managed to squirt it in her eye.

In the emergency room at the hospital they fitted a little plastic device
over her eye and under the lid.  Oval little cup thingy with a pipe sticking up
from the center.  They connected a tube to it and ran a liter of saline
solution from an IV stand through the tube and across her eye, washing it for a
couple of hours.  She was somewhat less than comfortable.

Needless to say she's a little more careful now, but the hospital said it was
a fairly commom injury.

Robert Houston
Texan in New Mexico

Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the
subjects of the government. The history of government is a history of
resistance. The history of liberty is the history of the limitation of
government, not
the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson