RE: rust repair - opinions wanted.

To: "'William West'" <livinginthepast3@hotmail.com>, "'spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rust repair - opinions wanted.
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 12:00:19 -0500
Will,

One thing you can be sure of is that the rust damage that will have to be
repaired is 3 times what you have found already. I originally envisioned
renting a welder for a day but after sandblasting I'm still at it 15 patches
later. Buying the Mig for $300 was a very good investment. Its not that hard
to learn but there will be some chicken s**t splattered everywhere for a
while till you get a feel for penetration. A welder would probably charge
way more then buying the tools. Haynes make a couple of good books which can
help, you can get them at Sears etc.

Battery boxes are easy to make as David says and that's the way I went not a
big deal.

Duncan

Check out the new British Cars Forum: