Weber Jets

To: "Spridget List" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber Jets
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 15:33:01 -0400
To the wisdom of the list:

    A friend of my son just finished a ground up restoration of a '68
Sprite.  On the motor he put a Kent 276 cam and raised the compression
to 9.5 to 1. He put a header and a Weber DCOE 40 on it. The Weber had
been sitting for years and it was completely refurbished. It originally
had 125 mains-155 air correctors-F-16 emulsion tubes-4.0 pump jets-40
idle jets. It was difficult to start and keep running. He now has 165
mains-180 air correctors-F-2 emulsion tubes-4.5 pump jets- 50 idle jets
and 27 venturi's. It now starts and runs. It will accelerate up to 3,000
rpm but beyond that it acts like it can't get enough air or fuel. You
can feather the throttle and get past there to redline but if you just
mash the gas pedal it hits a wall at 3,000 rpm and dies. The plugs
indicate it is running too rich so I don't think more fuel is the
answer.

    Anybody have a setup recommendation that works for a Weber 40 DCOE?

Regards,

Tom Speed

12431 Lawyers Road

Charlotte, North Carolina  28227