Resolution to the LJC window problem

To: "'mg'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Resolution to the LJC window problem
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 17:18:45 -0500
Howdy all,

Thanks for the tips and suggestions on the window of my Honda.   It turns
out that the regulator went bad.

The Hondas have a cable actuated mechanism, not a scissor style.  The cables
look like the throttle cables on our LBCs.  There is an obvious design flaw
on them.  There is a piece of plastic that routes a bend in the cables.  On
mine, one side broke off, and the cable came loose, and prevented the window
from raising up.

I picked up a replacement, and got it swapped out, in between the
thunderstorms here in Austin.  Ya learn something new everyday about all of
the different cars we own!

Greg

Check out the new British Cars Forum: