Re: Removing Rear Axle?

Subject: Re: Removing Rear Axle?
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 13:34:51 -0400
Cc: "'spridget list'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
OK, thanks gentlemen. It's out! I just got brave (er, stupid?)
and used two metal wedges between the axle flange and the
bearing hub and beat the $%&# out of it till it moved. Got
the axle out, got the pumpkin out, got most of the finings
out, and the broken stub as well. The stub was not only
broken but partially crushed.

Anyhow, after I get the gears cleaned well, I'm gonna need
to reassemble. Any suggestions where to source an axle?
Should it be new or used, for various reasons, and should
I replace both at this point?  I'm assuming I need to replace
both hum gaskets and o-rings, as well as the gasket on the
pumpkin. Anything else??

thanks for the help!

chuck

Check out the new British Cars Forum: