Cluth Bleeding

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cluth Bleeding
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:29:28 -0500
One friggin problem after another...THIS IS QUICKLY LOSING ITS FUN
FACTOR.... Okay, push on clutch pedal, slave operates, (HOWEVER) pushrod on
slave cylinder does not return to full release (engagement of the clutch
disc to flywheel).  Loosen up on the clutch slave bleed screw and it
releases (duh, tototal relif of pressure).  My question is WHY does it
retain the pressure instead of pushing the fluid back to the resivor.  As it
is The clutch never engages after the first time the pedal is pressed.
Cure? or what is going on?  It worked before I took it apart with this
pushrod so I    will venture to say it is not the pushrod at the slave.

Leo

Check out the new British Cars Forum: