Re: Midget woes

To: webers@nycap.rr.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Midget woes
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:48:53 EDT
I recently went through this.  First a couple questions:

is it a DGV (downdraft) or sidedraft setup (does it suck air in from the top
or sideways)?

do you know what jets are in it?  there are idle jets, main jets and air
jets.  If you know tell me what each are.

are you quite comfortable that you've not left a vacuum port or something
else uncovered? (when you remove emissions stuff or change carbs you can expose
port that is meant to suck against resistance, which screws things up if it's
left free to try and suck in the entire world).   An example is the advance
for the distributor.

Did you plug the holes the air injector rail went into on the head?

Was your carb new?  was it meant to be a manual choke or did you take the
elect. one off?

What else is going on with your motor, is it stock other than this?

What are you using for a fuel pump, the original manual one?

Did you use the gaskets and etc. they sent you with it so it's not leaking
around the manifold, did you use the asbestos wafer the carb sits on and can
the
butterflies move freely (with the air cleaner off if you move the throttle
does it move pretty easily until the flaps inside the carb (below the choke
flaps) are straight up and down?

Mark M.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: