Midget woes

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Midget woes
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 09:53:35 -0400
Hi listers, I'm just about to give up & sell my beautiful 79 midget. Was
having running/idle/choke problems with the original ZS + waterchoke and was
convinced by a mechanic that a Weber conversion + stripping the emissions
stuff would cure my problems and make for a great daily runner. So, I spent
the bucks and now have a worse running car. The manual choke does not seem to
keep the car running on start-up but more frustrating is a sort of dead spot
when I attempt to take off from a dead stop, I push the accelerator pedal down
but there is "nothing" for a few moments and I have to rev like crazy to get
going. My mechanic has been sincere in offering to look at the car again and
I'm bringing it in this week. However, I would like any input you may have for
suggestions. Seems to me like a car problem, but I'm am mechanically
challanged. Also, the car has had a valve job, new fuel pump, plugs, points &
wires.

Thanks for any ideas.

Joe
79 midget