Re: Driveshaft install

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Driveshaft install
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 00:23:34 EDT
In a message dated 9/9/04 3:27:46 PM, nosimport@mailbag.com writes:

> installing the driveshaft on the tranny before
> reinstalling the engine/tranny lump. I was trying to avoid the James
> Herriot assisting-the-calf-birthing scenario I always seem to have. It
> works great, at least in a Bugeye. Didjaknow the d/s only goes on the
> splines of the tranny one way? Just have a helper guide the shaft from the
> shifter hole a little. We didn't prefill the tranny, but I bet we could
> have.

Just be sure that you have plenty of rags around to mop up the spills.
Don't plan to try this one again.   We had to pull the engine back out and
towel
the transmission cavity out because we couldn't keep the tranny right side up.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"

Check out the new British Cars Forum: