Re: Re[2]: Driveshaft install

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Driveshaft install
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 06:40:12 -0500 reply-type=original
> Yes, it really is that much easier with the FS5W60A tranny.

But I wasn't talking about the 5-speed, I was talking about the ribcase in
an RWA Midget. By installing the D/S after the engine is in place and
filling the trans after the D/S install, you have a very do-able one-person
job. Once you know that the front u-joint can be taped (or stuffed with
newspapers) to hold the nose up, it really isn't hard. The tape or
newspapers take themselves off in the first few miles anyway.
BTW, I always thought that the access hole under the front u-joint was a
feature of the rubber-bumper Midgets, but I currently have a 1974 parts car
in my driveway (Anybody looking for any parts?) which has the factory hole
there in a very definitely A-Series Midget. My other 1974 did not, although
it did have the "Sabrinas".
David Lieb

Check out the new British Cars Forum: