Re: Re[2]: Driveshaft install

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Driveshaft install
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:44:37 -0500
> My response to Bill's question about the 5-speed being that much easier
was not a dig on you, just explaining to him that the 5-speed is a whole
different animal.

Ahh, I assumed that you knew that I had a 5-speed and that you were pointing
out that I was not comparing apples to apples. I do in fact have a 5-speed,
and I have noticed that you do have much more access through the shifter
hole than with a ribcase. Enough so that Bill Perry recommends reaching
through there to attach the speedometer cable after the engine is in place.

The thought of a hole cut in the side of the tunnel is chilling indeed when
you think of the structural strrength sacrificed by so doing. Not the way I
want work done on my car. Just goes to reinforce my fond belief that the
longer your car goes before it sees a professional mechanic, the longer it
will go!
David Lieb

Check out the new British Cars Forum: