Re: ELVF wrap up

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>, "Team-Thicko@Autox.Team.Net" <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: ELVF wrap up
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 20:06:23 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
--- "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
wrote:
> Hey y'all,
> Well, ELVF certainly was a tiring, rewarding fun
> weekend.

Yes, it was.  No time for details (yet), but in a
nutshell, chuck's cool, Thicko's rock, many of the
Morgans needed oil diapers, and, forgive a relative
newbie for criticizing, but there should be more
detail at the driver's meeting for new drivers at any
track (in this case, mostly the Morgan guys).  Midwest
Council gets it right at the annual June VSCDA event,
and this year didn't let you on the grid without a
wristband showing you attended the mandatory driver's
meeting.  Duck Waddle's chalk talk would have been
great mandatory training, and it took all of a half
hour.  Some interesting moments included people
braking at the apex of the kink when least expected
(this is a good way to kill yourself and take a few
innocent people with you), and I actually had someone
point me by entering the straight, then cut over to
get off the track, nearly turning me and my car into a
little white ball.  The driver later commented that he
thought pointing toward the pits was the way you
signaled you were going off...

=====
Ron Soave

"And another thing.....when I gun the motor, I want the whole world to think
it's coming to an end."

- Homer Simpson

Check out the new British Cars Forum: