Re: ELVF wrap up

To: wsthompson@thicko.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: ELVF wrap up
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:50:55 EDT
Hi All:

ELVF was a great weekend, I decided not to race (vees seem so slow at  RA) so
I had plenty of time to goof off and look at cars and meet people.   The
number of Morgans was stunning, and the trikes are great to look at.   The
Primack
Aston was also stunning, got to meet Chuck Crist (worth the price of
admnission right there).   Girlfriend Karen and I played with the  Thicktones
Sat eve
and managed to confuse them by injecting a THIRD chord  in a song, but the
upside is that we played more than three songs.  That  new rule about one song
per 500 pounds of stage gear is working out.

Ron Suave took me out in his race Bugeye in touring, and was then very
gracious to let me take a turn flogging it.   I along with Peter  C. and John
Spenader (who's Red Midget is down for engine rebuild) helped  Flounder out a
little ever the weekend doing the typical WST track-side  development program.
Just the normal finetuning stuff, you know, a new  distributor, carb overhaul,
axle seals, engine pull for total clutch  replacement, etc.  It's the
finetuning
like that that makes a  difference.  Unfortunately the carbs were not quite
dialed in so it wasn't  pulling well enough to really go fast.  All in all, a
great weekend of  cars, food and music.

TuTone

Check out the new British Cars Forum: