Re: Cam recommendations for a 1500..

To: mgraziano@austin.rr.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cam recommendations for a 1500..
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 10:21:25 EDT
I have an ATP, or APT, or whatever cam in my 1500 and it's a lovely little
bit of kit.  (w/ header and DGV)  It really comes on about 2,500-4,500 but my
car will pull 2nd smoothly from 1K, third from 1,400.  It steps off from lights
easy, idles reliably without shaking the car at 1,100 but certainly sounds
cammy, like an old biplane or something,  Natural rpm range for driving around
with it is to start each gear at 2k and run it up to 4 then shift, but, if you
decide at 4k you're feeling aggressive and stomp the pedal the next 500 rpm
will be a sharp burst of power and really snarly tone from the pipes.  For a
usable, well mannered and powerful street car I can't say enough about it.
I'll
try to find the specs on what model number or whatever it is, but I think it's
sort of known as the 'fast street' car cam.  Will email more tonight.

Mark M.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: