Re: No LBC... Advice needed (Capri)

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: No LBC... Advice needed (Capri)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:08:43 -0400
>>take it from a guy with a mazda 6 and a mazda mx5....they do ok :)
>>
>>>Ford has never done even a decent job of supporting their captive imports.

  Mazda's aren't really the same.  They had their own distribution and service
channels long before Ford got such a big piece of them.  They're only
"semi-captive" imports.
  The Anglia, Cortina and (early) Capri were strictly Fords imported from
Europe to be sold as economy cars by U.S. Ford dealers when Ford didn't make
economy cars in the U.S.
  Once we got the Pinto (different topic!) support for the others dried up fast.
  I believe the later Capri asked about here is overall more like the old
English Fords in sourcing even though it may have a Mazda engine.
  Ed in NC

Check out the new British Cars Forum: