Re: Spark problems

To: Spridget List <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spark problems
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 19:14:12 -0800 (PST)
--- Frank Clarici <spritenut@exit109.com> wrote:
> the front wheels. Hook a tape measure on the
> outermost tread and measure
> to the same thread on the other wheel. Mark this
> number.
> Do the same across the front of the wheels, the
> number should be 1/16 -
> 1/8" LESS across the front.

I shoot for 0" difference, but same method (not my
favorite task).  Horrible Freight sells a tool for $12
or so I need to invest in, or Longacre makes one that
says "Racing" on it for $82, basically a long ruler
with 2 little prongs to touch the tire edges.  I do it
often enough that I will be buying one or the other
shortly.  And a Sprite is just narrow enough NOT to
fit on a modern alignment rack, at least the ones here
in town.

=====
Ron Soave

"Race fans, I had inferred from my one trip to the Brickyard 400, fell into one
of two categories: tattooed/shirtless/sewer-mouthed drunks, and their
husbands." - Steve Ruchin

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com