Re: 1500 intake question

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 1500 intake question
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 22:39:03 EST
In a message dated 11/20/04 4:09:54 PM, dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com writes:

> This is my car and will never be sold to some purist (or
> anybody else as far as I am concerned). It is MY toy and you can't play with
> it, so there! ;-)

When we were first thinking about a restoration (in 1995) a guy looked at our
already heavily modified Bugeye and informed me that Bugeyes didn't have
backup lights.   Without a beat, I replied that "mine does" and killed the
conversation.   In 1962 when Detroit came out with yellow turn indicator
lenses, we
immediately replaced the clear ones on the Bugeye (a safety thing) and had lots
of people convinced it was a l963 model.   I plan to drive mine til I can't.
 After that, I don't know what I'll do with it.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"