Re: 1500 intake question

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 intake question
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:30:53 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Robert E. Shlafer wrote:

> Omigod...bull$hit!!!
>
> ....ALL carbs "suck" for crissake!

And all tailpipes blow!

> And further, when "modified" for the
> high rpm only application (which would
> be racing) a pair of 1.75 or 2.0" SU's
> would give even the "45" equipped big bore Series A a run for it's
> money, all else being equal, of course!

Don 't even go there unless YOU HAVE TRIED BOTH!!!
Don't believe what you read about bench flowing air because MY
cars run on GAS not Air and a Weber flows a heluva lot more GAS!
I am not knocking SUs, some of my cars are running well tuned SUs and
they run good. None of my SU equiped cars run as good as my Wber equiped
cars. And yes I have tried 1.75 SUs on 2 cars but reverted back to a Weber.
So apples to apples, Stock and not so stock, I prefer the Weber.
Set it, forget it. Just don't get any dirt in the high speed jets ;)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ