Re: Original Intended Life Span of a Type A

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Original Intended Life Span of a Type A
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 13:26:39 -0800 reply-type=original
For an assembly line built motor that was virtually unbalanced I imagine the
life would be considerably shorter than a rebuilt, balanced motor assembled
by the anal-retentive nut-cases like me that insist on continuing to flog
these poor old things.  Throw in ARP fasteners, better head gaskets, modern
ring material, stainless valves, no lead in the gas, improved oils, and the
kind of regular maintenance that the survivors tend to get and I bet the
motors are lasting longer.

Glen