Re: Original Intended Life Span of a Type A

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Original Intended Life Span of a Type A
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 20:01:54 -0500
Cc: KrkLH@cs.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Robert E. Shlafer wrote:

>  Like to drive it like you stole it (ALL the
> time)? It'll cost you.

But all fun costs money. :)
Driving like a girlyman is no fun.

I rebuilt an A series engine in 1883, THAT engine is in it's 3rd Sprite.
I recently took it out to try a different engine. The only thing wrong
with the 1983 rebuilt is I stripped the timing cover lower threads on
the front plate and need to replace it. So it leaks oil.
I don'y know how many miles are on it but it was in 2 cars that were
daily drivers for years. I dropped it in PIECES about 9 years ago, drove
it out to the midwest 5 years ago where I replaced the timing chain
because it was wupped due to a lot of miles at that point.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ