Re: BBC, no LBC

To: "Mike/Donna Carpenter" <mail4carpenters@peoplepc.com>, "Guy Weller" <Guy.Weller@kencomp.net>, "Rick Lindsay" <rick@stoolhead.com>, "Spridgets E-mail" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: BBC, no LBC
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 9:50:15 -0500
> I do not know where you live but in the U.S., the
> last Land Rover worth it's keep was the Defender.

Unfortunately, we didn't get the Defender here in
the States.  Ours are usually Canadian imports.

My L/R is a Deries-I Discovery and it is certainly
designed to compete with the soft American SUV
market.  However, it is MUCH more rugged than the
toy SUVs we often see.

My Discovery was rear-ended at a stoplight knocking
it into the vehicle in front.  The offending vehicle
from behond was a Ford Explorer and it was did not
fare well, loosing the radiator and all the
associated plumbing, not to mention trhe sheet
metal.  The poor economy car ahead of us was
totaled.  We had to replace the front bumper cover
on the L/R and straighten the rear bumper mounts
and spare tire mount.  Oh yea, we had to reset the
fuel cut-off switch. :-]

rick
PS: Would I like to have a Defender 110?  Oh yes.