End of the Year Wrap-up 2004.12.13.53 0, __CT 0, __CTYPE_CHARSET_QUOTED

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: End of the Year Wrap-up 2004.12.13.53 0, __CT 0, __CTYPE_CHARSET_QUOTED 0, __CT_TEXT_PLAIN 0, __EUDORA_MSGID 0, __EUDORA_MUA 0, __HAS_MSGID 0, __HAS_X_MAILER 0, __MIME_VERSION 0, __SANE_MSGID 0'
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:14:57 -0500
We often use this list to ask for advice on a wide variety of topics - LBC
stuff and off topic. Before the end of the year, let's hear from those who
used advice from list members in their decision making.

Did you get that engine running properly? Did you paint the car? Are you
now using (fill in the blank) oil (or antifreeze, brake fluid, etc.) Did
you purchase an enclosed trailer? Buy tires? Did you manage to make a V8
distributor work with a 1275? (Well, I don't remember that question, but
you get the idea). Oh, and does a Dyson vacuum really create 100,000 times
the force of gravity and was it a better purchase than a LBC car part?

I asked for help in finding spring clamps for leaf springs. I couldn't find
them anywhere. I investigated having them made by the on-line company
emachine shop and found I could have gotten them made reasonably in
quantity, but I didn't want to get into the business of selling spring
clamps. I checked several other leads, but finally just made them by hand
at home. The springs are back together awaiting installation on my Sprite
at a later date.

And how about you? What projects were completed with the help of listers?

Tim