Under the Bonnet

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Under the Bonnet
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:12:55 -0600 information
Okay, enough f*rting around.  I have a serious question here.  It's just about
time to put the Midget up on blocks for a couple of months (Deep upper trough
developing over North America bringing a $hit-pot of very cold air into the
area from the Arctic - Hey! Gimme a break - I'm a meteorologist, after all).

I have a list of things to tackle on the 1968 Midget and I have no clue on one
of them. I'll eventually be painting the car BRG (it's that pukey orange color
now) but I have no idea what to do with the paint in the engine bay. Should it
be the same as the exterior or some other color? There isn't much rust under
there and I should be able to do a section at at time by removing most of the
hardware/wiring/etc and then cleaning and wire brushing (dremel or other power
brush) and finally brushing/spraying on the paint. It's not going to be a
concours car or anything but I might as well have it look original if I'm
going to do it. Next guy who gets it might want to go concours - who knows?

I have a bottle of home brew ready for whomever comes up with the best answer
here....  All ya have to do is come by and get it....

Cheers!!
Jim - LBCing in Dodge City

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able
to tell the difference.