Re: Under the Bonnet

To: Jim Johnson <jimj@starrtech.net>
Subject: Re: Under the Bonnet
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 23:06:59 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Jim Johnson wrote:

>  I have no idea what to do with the paint in the engine bay. Should it
> be the same as the exterior or some other color?

It should be the same color as the exterior. Even in the radiator area.
Brackets and other doo-dads should be black.
Take everything out but the brake pipe to the rear end, just tape that
up from the junction to the tunnel.
Power wash it, wipe it down with some lacquer thinner, sand down any
rough areas, bondo any dents, prime it first so the finish paint sticks
in case there is any grease or oil left on the under bonnet area.
--
Frank