CLutch master cylinder - Midget

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: CLutch master cylinder - Midget
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:04:50 -0600 information
Group,

Well, I'm going to have to do a rebuild of my clutch master cylinder as it has
suddenly started leaking down the backs of the pedals onto my new rubber mat
with copious amounts of Dot-3 collecting in the past 5 days.

Never having done this before on a Midget, I'm wondering if there are any
special tricks it would benefit me to know?  -  Or are ya'll just gonna sit
back, let me cock up the whole works, and then laugh like crazy?  Should I go
ahead and do the slave cylinder too? It doesn't appear to be leaking at all,
just the master cylinder. Is it worth it to pay the bucks for one of the
complete kits I see in MM and VB cataloges?

I've got a Haynes to go by but that's all. I've already discovered that Haynes
takes a hell of a lot for granted insofar as their descriptions of repair are
concerned.

Cheers!!
Jim - wiping Dot-3 off his Oxfords in Dodge City

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able
to tell the difference.