Re: [midgetsprite] Re: CLutch master cylinder - Midget

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: CLutch master cylinder - Midget
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 13:52:23 -0600
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Danke, Bob.  I got the DOT 3 from the Haynes manual. Shoulda known not to
trust it!

Cheers!!
Jim - properly chastized in Dodge City

At 06:14 AM 12/17/2004, Brad Fornal wrote:
>Um, I can't believe Frank missed the most obvious clue here.
>DOT 3??
>You "should" be using DOT  4 as it is less damaging to the rubber seals on our
>little cars. Perhaps the quality over the years has improved to the point
>where
>DOT 3 could be used, but since most of the parts are of Oriental origin, I
>doubt
>it. So rebuild both, flush the lines with alcohol, and you should be golden.
>
>Brad
>
>Jim Johnson wrote:
>
> > Group,
> >
> > Well, I'm going to have to do a rebuild of my clutch master cylinder as
> it has
> > suddenly started leaking down the backs of the pedals onto my new
> rubber mat
> > with copious amounts of Dot-3 collecting in the past 5 days.
> >
> > Never having done this before on a Midget, I'm wondering if there are any
> > special tricks it would benefit me to know?  -  Or are ya'll just gonna sit
> > back, let me cock up the whole works, and then laugh like
> crazy?  Should I go
> > ahead and do the slave cylinder too? It doesn't appear to be leaking at
> all,
> > just the master cylinder. Is it worth it to pay the bucks for one of the
> > complete kits I see in MM and VB cataloges?
> >
> > I've got a Haynes to go by but that's all. I've already discovered that
> Haynes
> > takes a hell of a lot for granted insofar as their descriptions of
> repair are
> > concerned.
> >
> > Cheers!!
> > Jim - wiping Dot-3 off his Oxfords in Dodge City
>

>Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
><http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129ji6lbk/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=1706034447:HM/EXP=1103372077/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://companion.yahoo.com>
>click here
>
>[]

>    *
>    * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>    *

>    *
>    * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the

*Jim Johnson                  BMW Motorcycle and Bluegrass Nut  *
*1001 First
Ave                                                   Meteorologist*
*Dodge City, KS 67801                                        Home Brewer*
*home = <jimj@starrtech.net>  work = <jim.johnson@noaa.gov>*
*620-225-4703                                  cell = 620-408-6877*
* Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving     *
*safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to slide acoss *
*the finish line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking   *
*oil, and shouting GERONIMO!!!  - Bill McKenna -                       *