Re: Painting equipment

To: cfchrist@earthlink.net, spritenut@exit109.com, cooper6@swbell.net
Subject: Re: Painting equipment
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:13:57 EST
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I blend clear coat jobs with a bit of adhesion promoter (sparingly) and I run
the reducer at a higher level to the clear base.  I also use a slow reducer
regardless of time of year (for blends and the small area).  Two stage paint
(non metalic jobs) can blend well with some practice - and the blending process
can still backfire too!  I have had perfect blends with no edge around 95% of
the blended area - and then the remaining  5% will not pass upon close
inspection.  If the blend does not come out well I just paint another flame
over the
area!

I just didn't realize that single stage paint could easily be blended without
some outlying characteristics showing between the new and the previous paint.
 I guess part of the trick is to make sure you do the blend before the
previous coat has been sitting for too long?

This is good to know!

Thanks again - Kirk