Re: Painting equipment

To: davriker@pacbell.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Painting equipment
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 12:09:05 EST
I am going to shoot it Olde Eng White - and whites do not benefit from having
a clear top finish as much as darker colours do.  A good one stage white will
look just as good as a two stage with clear. . . and the cars were done with
one stage paint when they were originally painted.

Plus shooting a light colour in my garage - I will have less chances of
trapping something that will be seen under the clear.  When shooting light
colours
in a two stage process you are a lot better off with a booth, so as not to
trap anything that will be seen.  I have a booth,  but it is small for MC
parts.
It is a walk in booth - but it is only 10 by 12 feet!

And - I have never shot a one stage before.  I have one of the really fine
car painters in the are who is familiar with walking a car coming over to help
me.

Kirk