Re: 1.5 inch SUs on 1275s

To: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>, Spridget List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 1.5 inch SUs on 1275s
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:51:14 -0800
Robert -

I am sure the real experts will chime in, but I thought I might add in a
little bit.

I bought a pair of 1.5 HIF SUs and a stock intake manifold, both from a
MGB. No tags, but I simply measured across the carb intake - right at
1.5 inch. I had read (somewhere) about modifying the MGB manifold to fit
on the A-series head, so I gave that a try. Turned out very simple to do
and looked fairly stock (sleeper set-up).

Before I had the chance to run this set-up (bugeye was still in early
body work) I sold 1.5 SUs and modifed manifold on Ebay. I had
opportunity to pick up a Maniflow & single 1.75 HIF SU, which appealed
to me (Vizard recommendation & no balancing!). Works very well with my 1380.

Just my 2 cents
Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano, CA