Re: Arizona in April

To: David Lieb <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: Arizona in April
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:17:06 -0800
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
HI David,

We have travelled extensively in that area and it is very pretty if you like
desert scenes.  The sunsets are great and a lot of open roads in the middle of
no where.  Don't wait too long in the year, it gets real hot real fast.  Make
sure your midget doesn't overheat and is in good running shape as there are few
towns away from the big cities and no one will have parts for an MG.

Places to see, the Grand canyon of course but its a little crowded and
touristy, so for a neat place. Go through Southern Utah to the Moab area.  From
there you can take I40 back through Colorado.  In Moab there is a better grand
canyon type park called Canyonlands Nat. Park.  It is pretty new and hardly any
one goes there.  It is just as nice and has some real good photo ops.

On the other side of the road is Arches Nat. park.  This park is so neat that
we were planning on going back for a family reunion type vacation to show the
rest of our Texas family.  It is Wylie Coyote land with balancing rocks, towers
,and arches everywhere you look.  I think it is one of the most unique parks we
have been to.  I still like Yosemite the best but that is a little out of your
way.

You can then continue on up I40 to Rocky mountain nat. park, again it a real
pretty area and so different from what you came through.  As you can tell I'm
not much on chorussing around the cities, they don't thrill me at all.  I like
the wide open west, nothing better then cruse'in down the hi way top down and a
nice curvy road in front and behind you, wahoo.

If you ever get over to the Sacramento area, let me know and will throw back a
cold one.  Either a beer or coke doesn't matter to me.  It seems the older I
have gotten the more I need a good stiff drink and now that I'm here the ol'
body can't handle it any more.  So I guess i'll settle for a Diet Coke,  they
even took the sugar away from me.

Have fun, and be sure to wave at the spridgeteers you see.

WW Ricky