Re: Electric Fan

To: MICHAEL CARPENTER <MAIL4CARPENTERS@peoplepc.com>, Bud Pazur <bpazur@excel.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Team Thicko <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electric Fan
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:51:40 GMT j1RJr9WY000534
Most assuredly so, Mike...

assuming you are doing away with the
mechanical fan altogether, measure your
rad side to side. top to bottom...then...

.....go to www.summitracing.com and/or
www.jegs.com, click on "cooling" and select
the strongest "puller" (not "pusher"......
"pullers" do a better job, all else equal)
which will fit your rad.

As suggested, you can probably due as well
at your local NAPA outlet.

You'll want the "auto" option and if
it doesn't come with a manual back-up,
visit your local autoparts store and be sure
to install same as suggested by another, when the time comes.

Overheating in traffic was common with
the early cars equipped with the two bladed metal fans, and even the four
bladed types. Later multi-bladed plastic
"trop" types we're a helluvlot more effective.

While there are more effective "deep impeller" water pumps about, I think these
are mainly for 1275's but can be fit to
earlier blocks I believe, with a little machining. www.MiniMani.com or
www.aptfast.com MAY carry a deep impeller
pump for the earlier motors....you can check
out their webites.

BTW, the heater tap at the rear of the block
is "open", right??

Cap'n Bob
'60 Frog

Cap'n Bob