Re: Fw: failure notice

To: Phil Nase <nase@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: failure notice
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:18:02 -0500
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Phil Nase wrote:

> My dash opening for the tach is 3 7/8" The electric tachs I see are aprox 3
> 1/8.  Is  it a simple job to use the electric guts in my can or is my dash
> altered.

Some minor dremel work is needed on the large car to fit the smaller
tach guts. The face plate and needle from the large tach is a direct
swap to the small tach guts too. EXCEPT, not the OEM silver face
bugeye/mkII cable driven tachs. And very late 74 on Midgets used a
smaller tach that was hooked up on the negative side of the coil.
This is different in the face plate is screwed on with 2 verticle screws
where the other taches had the screws horizonal.
Of course I am running the very late single wire tach in my Bugeye, yeah
the one where the screws went in the wrong direction so I drilled new
holes and you really don't see the old ones.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ