Re: Compressor (buying) help wanted

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Compressor (buying) help wanted
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 06:32:59 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi.
I have had a Quincy 5HP 80 gallon  compressor for about 15 years now. It's
an industrial model that I bought used and I do a lot of sandblasting and
painting with it. I changed the oil once in it, still chugging along.
My cousin has a Bel Aire 7HP 80 gal vertical that really puts out the air,
both are 220volt single phase and made in the good old USof A.
If I had to buy another it would be one of those.

Generally speaking you will need two stage to get 15 cfm @ 100 psi, mine is
single stage and puts out 18cfm, but the pump is almost two feet tall and
turns slow.
I'm sure you can find a 60 gallon vertical, or you can always move it into
the basement...

http://www.industrial-air-compressors.com/
http://www.tptools.com

Hope this helps