RE: RE: 1950 GMC Service Station pick-up truck

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: RE: 1950 GMC Service Station pick-up truck
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 17:53:39 -0700
Sender: owner-fot@autox.team.net
> I can't see
> how the scam
> is going to work, but complex financial transactions are always suspect.

The trick is the $6200 check being used to pay for a $2500 item, with the
rest of the money being sent somewhere else.  My guess is that the "shipper"
is nothing of the sort, just another alias for the scam artist.  Most likely
would never show up to take possession of the truck (and risk being
arrested) ... but the $6200 check will be discovered to be a forgery in a
few weeks.  John's $3700 check to the "shipper" will most likely be good ...
but even if not, the scammer hasn't lost anything.

They say the scam artists always use bad English, so the potential scam-ee
can feel superior and confident they can't be ripped off by someone who
can't write well.  Doesn't follow obviously, but I'm told that's the
psychology of it.

Randall