Re: 1931 Model A "NO LBC"

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@exit109.com>
Subject: Re: 1931 Model A "NO LBC"
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:33:00 -0400
Cc: Red Midget <redmidget72@yahoo.com>, Spridgets@autox.team.net, Paul Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
On May 16, 2005, at 9:39 PM, Frank Clarici wrote:

> An older gent (car guy) around here has a 1928 Model A

>   And I bet I can restore one of those in a couple days. Wood, real
> steel, wooden spoke wheels, and everything is huge!

Two of my uncles had a couple of these each.  The cars came with a tool
kit that contained all the tools necessary to completely dismantle the
entire car.

About once every 2 years they would have a contest (at our family
picnic on the 4th of july).  The contest consisted of 2 teams of 3
people.  The object was to completely dismantle the Model A and put it
back together using only the factory supplied tools.

At the last contest, I was about 10 years old and they let me be the
timer ;)

OH, for those who want to know......   The winning team had a time of
slightly over 4.5 hours. and had consumed 28 bottles of 16 oz Yengling
Premium Draft Beer ;)

Kevin V.