RE: hell hath no furry...

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: hell hath no furry...
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:30:12 -0500
Some years ago I read an article on Autoweek online that said that the Elise
was coming to America. I immediately called Downtown Pontiac/Jaguar/Lotus
and informed them that I wanted to be on the list. They hadn't started a
list yet and so I was first in line. He said he would contact me for a
deposit once they had some idea of delivery dates from Lotus. Years passed,
and from time to time we kept in touch. Then it seemed like Lotus was never
going to get their act together, and we had another daughter, and then I
bought a restaurant, and life went on. About a month after buying the
business, my phone rang during lunch rush. It was the salesman from Lotus
calling to let me know that they had a delivery date on the first Elise, and
he wanted a deposit. I was very excited until I remembered that had just
spent every dime I had, and that I had many months of hard work ahead before
I was profitable. It killed me but I just had to pass.

I tried to lie to myself and say I'd just buy it and flip it for a quick
buck, but I know there's no way I'd have let it go.

Even if I live to be truly ancient, I think I'm always going to regret it if
I don't get one.

Phil Vanner
Mini appolis