brake work progress........

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: brake work progress........
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 21:18:04 -0500
Got the brakes bled, at least I am hoping it's correct. The first pump, the
pedal will be about 2.5 inches from the floor, and if you pump it maybe 3
times it's measuring 4 inches. It never really feels soft or spongey, so
hoping this is just what the 4 drum system feels like. The clutch of course is
rock hard. I didn't have the rear brakes adjusted, before I adjusted them the
pedal would go to the floor on the first pump, but still would pump up after 3
pumps or so. I think the fronts are adjusted correctly, I could try to adjust
them closer and see what the pedal feels like. The other possiblity, I had 3
containers of brake fluid, I kept running short trying to get the air out, so
I "recycled" it, I know if you don't wait long enough you can have air in the
fluid you are putting in, so this could be part of the problem too. The
container I bled into is a nice clean glass jar, so not worried about that. I
may try to get another few containers tomorrow and do a "fluid replacement" to
see if it improves anything. I know I've read alot about trouble bleeding
these, any advice appreciated.
Dan