RE: Try our gas prices!!

To: "Robert Evans" <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Try our gas prices!!
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 15:46:20 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Robert wrote: Nonsense!   Hours ago, I paid $2.57 for regular, which the
overwhelming
major of cars should use, at a Shell in Orange County.  At the same
time, premium was $2.89.  Down on Coronado Island, across the bay from
San Diego, my daughter paid $2.89 for premium yesterday.

Robert,

I bought gas yesterday at my local Shell station in Lakeside, San Dan Diego
County. Price for unleaded regular unleaded was $2.799, and premium was
$2.999 - close enough to three dollars, right? I know there are higher
priced stations around. The cheapest within ten miles of where I live is
CostCo in Santee, and I think the last price I saw there was $2.699 for
regular, but that was some two weeks ago.  I am very surprised at the price
on Coronado. If you can get gas cheaper than me, good for you!

By the way, only two of my five cars take regular gas, but I guess I am the
exception there... I read that modern cars with sophisticated electronic
management could well use regular gas instead premium for normal driving,
even when the manufacturer recommends using only premium. One of my
roadsters is supposed to run  on 93 octane, not available where I live - I
have been using the 91 octane premium. As it is a modern car,  I'll try
running it on 89 octane gas, then 87 if I have no problem!

In my previous message, I was making no political statement, and I do not
wish to be drawn into a republican vs. democrat policies argument.  I was
just saying the gas prices are still going up, will most likely continue to
go up, and I am surprised motorists do not seem to be cutting back on the
number of miles traveled yet.

JLC