Mirrors: door or fender?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mirrors: door or fender?
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 19:41:49 -0500
Sometimes it's good to forget about present troubles and look forward to
driving this thing some day. With that in mind, what opinions are there on
pros and cons of putting the outside rear view mirrors on the doors or on the
fenders? Most Spridgets I see have them on the fenders it seems like. It would
seem more natural to me to have them on the doors, but it does look
different/cool out on the fenders.
I see a pair of round Lucas-style mirrors on eBay now, pretty cheap, about
27/pair. My wife and I both kind of like the more squared-off looking mirrors
(Moss 165-170/165-135) though, but seeing the auction on ebay prompted me to
look for opinions.
Comments?
Dan G
62 Mk2