Rolled the Midget last night..

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rolled the Midget last night..
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 04:39:21 -0700
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
... Kathy and I are fine. A few scrapes and bruised, but surprisingly we
were able to crawl out of the car oiurselves. I caught the edge of the
road with the right tires, tried to pull the car back on the road, but
overcompensated. We then spun, slid down the road sideways and onto
someone's lawn,  missing two trees in the process, where the tires dug
in and the car rolled. I'm shocked we weren't killed. The seats and the
steering wheel kept the drivers side of the car up enough to get the
door open to crawl out.

Aside from all the glass being broken (all of it - we had the side
windows up because it was a little chilly last night) and the windscreen
breaking from its mountings, the car is surprisingly intact, with a
couple of dents on the right front fender the only body damage.

I came away with a couple of things - first, it reinforces my belief in
seat belts. second, the next spridget WILL have a roll bar.

I'm happy to be alive.

-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/