Solstice and new car shopping,

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Solstice and new car shopping,
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 19:01:33 -0700 (PDT)
Friend at work took delivery of the new Pontiac
Solstice, saw it yesterday for the 1st time.
Beautiful ride, and to my eye it looks like a muscular
version of what 40 years of regulations and styling
trends would have done to a Sprite with a Speedwell
bonnet.

Also out car shopping for the Mrs. today.  Best drive
of the day was easily the Audi A3.  It "only" has a
200 HP turbo that gets 30 MPG, but the 6 speed tranny
is just sick, as it's a new design that uses 2
clutches and shifts in less than .2 seconds.  Aside
from the usual auto/manual stick, it has paddle
shifters on the wheel, complete with automatic
throttle blip on down shift.  It was effortless to
keep the car in its power band (~5500-6500 by the seat
of my pants), and the handling was awesome with the
sport package, The non-sport pkg leaned like the
minivan it may replace.  I really have not been the
least bit excited about anything else we've looked at,
so it was nice to actually think about a car after we
left the lot.  So far it's way in the lead.

That is all.

Ron Soave
"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded." - Y. Berra