RE: I need electronics help, providing a 9v source from a 12v...

To: "Flash." <thefirebuilds@gmail.com>, <miatapower@miatapower.net>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[CC172AA0:01C5B872] j8DEsOpA016893
Subject: RE: I need electronics help, providing a 9v source from a 12v...
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:52:42 -0600
Hello,

Voltage regulator is good, but you usually needs to heatsink it....
Normally, it is easy to connect, the mid leg to the ground and the left
pin to the 12V and your get 9V on the right pin...

Regards, cyrille

If i have a 12volt system like in a car or a large motorcycle and want
to power a 9volt DC radio whats the easiest way to make the transition?
I see I can get a voltage regulator that is adjustable, but im not
exactly sure how to wire it for the proper output.  What's the best way
to do this?