SOS '05 progress

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <team-thicko@autox.team.net>, <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: SOS '05 progress
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 07:22:11 -0500
Plans for this year's SOS (Save our Spridgets) are progressing nicely. We've
got potential attendees from as far away as Oklahoma and even California.
We're looking forward to a number of projects, including pan replacement on
2 cars, some other frame rail replacement on one of Dave Leib's cars. We'll
be doing motor assembly on Tutone Terry Heffron's 1275. We might be
reassembling a concours MKII Sprite.  We're looking for a couple more
projects.

All are welcome to attend. We're located just off of highway 41, between
Fond du Lac and Oshkosh, in the Land of Cheese. In years past, attendance
has been 15 to 20 people each day, and we've tackled construction or
deconstruction of a number of Spridget projects over the years.

This all takes place Nov.25th and 26th. the days following Thanksgiving,
when many are off of work, and longing for an excuse to escape visiting
relatives. Wives and children are also encouraged to attend. We'll be
serving food both days, and in years past, folks that aren't able to attend
have generously shipped in one of their local favorites. everything from
scrapple, to clams, to beer. I made Swedish pancakes one morning.

So, don't let a long distance drive keep you away. If you've got a project
you've had around too long, and either lack the motivation, the tools, or
the skills to finish. get it over here. We'll help you get it back on the
road (or the racetrack).

In addition to working on cars, if the weather holds out. (no rain or snow),
we'll probably spend some time riding vintage go karts on our 1/8th mile
paved Team Thicko test track.

If you're unable to attend, yet would still like to participate, the event
is broadcast on the web via Yahoo messenger. Go to
http://messenger.yahoo.com/ and download the latest version. It's free. If
you do not yet have a Yahoo ID, you'll need to create one. Add
<floundervision> to your buddy list. On the morning of the event, you'll be
invited to a chat room where we'll have video and audio, in addition to your
ability to type comments, criticisms, questions, etc. We'll have speakers in
the shop, with microphones, so that those watching around the world can
interact with the participants here at the Team Thicko International
headquarters, at the Dream Farm, in beautiful Eldorado, WI. Over the next
few weeks, I'll be doing some experimentation on camera angles and mic
placement. so, of you see <floundervision> on, pop in and say hey.

WST

Flounder

Team Thicko