Shift boot question..

To: "spridgets Group at team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shift boot question..
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:15:04 -0500
Morning all!

     Now that Autumn has started here in Louisiana  (temps in the low
90's vs the high 90's) the extra heat that came up through the shift
tunnel is now cold air so it is time to close it.  I have the rubber
cover that goes around the shifter BUT it looks like ther is supposed
to be some way to retain it to the metal shifter housing.  How does
that work and what is it?  The metal shifter housing ( this is the
extra piece on the tunnel) has small holes drilled around the
circumference so I'm guessing that it has screws to hold it in but is
there a separate piced that the screws go through?  At present, the
rubber bit just moves around with the shifter as it has sliced
through the rubber lip that held it in place..

Lester