Re: Ebay Sellers

To: pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net, jdc6@lehigh.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ebay Sellers
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 04:17:45 EST
I have been deriving a part time income from eBay for a couple of years now.
I am a Powerseller with over 700 feedbacks all at 100%.  Most of my feedback
response is from items I have sold as opposed to items that I have purchased.

When buying not only do I look for sellers who are at least 98% or higher - I
also like to see how they got their feedback.

I once bought a Marshall guitar amp from a guy who took several weeks before
he sent it.  He had some very creative excuses as to why the amp was getting
so delayed.  He also had strong feedback - 100% with about 40 items showing as
having been transacted.  A deeper look told me that there was more to the
story.  As I checked out his feedback it dawned on me that the Marshall amp was
the FIRST item he had ever sold.  He had developed his 100% feedback from
buying
small items like video games.  He never had to pack up a large item like the
Marshall combo amp and get it shipped out.  He also overcharged me on shipping
due to the fact that he used a chain store.  When I finally got the amp, and
it arrived in good shape, I was so happy that I did not quibble about the
extra shipping expense that he cost me.

So it is good to note how a seller has earned their feedback.

Also - when it comes to buying I always use www.esnipe.com - they never see
you coming!

Kirk