Re: Ebay Sellers

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ebay Sellers
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:40:19 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
John,

When a seller lists an item on ebay, it is an option to hide the bidder's
identity. It is also an option whether a seller wishes to display a Q&A.

Personally, I see the hiding of bidder's identities as deceiving but some
sellers do it to avoid auction intereference by ebay users who wish to contact
bidders for purposes of selling to them directly or negatively influence their
bidding. Hiding bidders indentities has it's place but probably not in as many
of the auctions in which it is used.

While it is usually helpful to display Buyer Questions and Answers, it is a
manual option for the seller which is probably innocently overlooked in more
cases than it is consciously ignored.

I don't think there is any good reason to hide user ID's on Sprite Parts but
the seller's history looks good and the negative undeserved since the buyer
admits to receiving a refund.

My litmus test is to ask the seller a question and gauge not only his/her
honesty and knowledge but his/her attitude. That way you know the type of
seller you are dealing with. Why not even ask the seller the reason for the
hidden User ID's? I dis that once and got are pretty innocent answer.

Good Luck,
jay fishbein
wallingford, ct