Re: GM going down, no LBC

To: spritenut@exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GM going down, no LBC
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 22:52:46 EST
In a message dated 11/21/2005 8:18:10 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
spritenut@exit109.com writes:

I heard  today the GM is laying off thousands of employees and closing
plants all  over.

The UAW is caving, and perhaps should, in the light of Delphi taking  chapter
11.

Back when the UAW was pushing for better retirement, and GM was caving, no
one expected us Boomers to live this long.  The retirement payout was  killing
them.  Of course one can say they should have managed better, and  put more of
those billions of profit dollars they made when SUV's took off into  the
retirement fund, but they didn't.

Back in the late 60's one of the economics professors at my college kept
preaching that you can't pay $17.00 an hour and still have $.39 bread.  I
guess
he was right.

I'm not taking sides here.  GM was greedy, the unions were greedy, and  now
the retirees are going to pay for it.

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in NM
73 Midget and others

John Bernard Books (The Shootist):
"I won't be wronged, I  won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I
don't do these things to  other people and I expect the same from them."